Beacon CARE Fertility are currently recruiting the following positions to join our team.
Located in Sandyford, the successful candidate will be joining a team at the cutting edge of fertility treatments.
You will be joining a team as part of the international CARE network, meaning our doctors can access the best scientific advances in the world.
With over 8,000 cycles in our clinics every year, we have both the expertise and experience to deal with even the most complex fertility problems.
Scroll down for further details…
Purpose for the position
The Successful applicant will assist the Nurse Manager and other nursing staff in the day to day patient activities of BCF, in association with other medical, administrative and technical personnel
Duties and Responsibilities
- Being accountable for the provision of patient care and assisted reproductive treatments in a manner that is efficient, effective and of the highest standard.
- Implement all relevant sections of the relevant regulations, including SI 158 of 2006 and SI 598 of 2007, during the application of nursing care within BCF.
- Implementation of all relevant nursing and Quality Management System SOP’s released through the Beacon CARE Fertility Quality Management Systems.
- Participate in the development, implementation, review and development of the Quality Management System within the Beacon CARE Fertility.
- Assist in the management of the care / treatments for patients attending the Beacon CARE Fertility.
- Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the post holder will implement nursing practice in accordance to:
- The professional code as laid down by An Bord Altranais
- Comply with all national guidelines, especially SI 158 of 2006 and SI 598 of 2007
- An Bord Altranais guidance; Health Service Executive policies; and policies developed by Beacon CARE Fertility.
- Scope of Practice
- Contribute to achieving the objectives of the Beacon CARE Fertility in delivering a quality service.
- Perform and continually improve upon specific clinical skills as guided by evidence based best practice and as laid down in the Beacon CARE Fertility policy procedures and guidelines:
- Embryo Transfer Procedures
- Performance of Ultrasound scans – follicular tracking; early pregnancy scans;
- Assist with Oocyte Collection procedures
- Performance of Intra-Uterine Inseminations
- Documentation of Informed Consent
- Review and Acceptance of Viral Screening results
- Facilitate and promote patient education and understanding of treatment at all stages.
- Recognise, report and care for at risk patients undergoing treatment and ensure documentation and all records are completed accurately and legibly.
- Facilitate pregnancy testing for clients within the unit and to deal with all such couples with understanding, sympathy and empathy to help them come to terms with loss and bereavement.
- Recognise the importance of and adhere to the strictest levels of Confidentiality when dealing with all aspects of care for clients attending Beacon CARE Fertility.
- Act as an advocate for the patient to ensure that they are appropriately informed and counselled regarding their treatment care needs.
- Participate in the setting of professional standards. Understand and co-operate with the need to measure and audit the effectiveness of care/ treatment given.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate written and computer records regarding patient care.
- Promote innovation and change in the approach to patient care, particularly in relation to new research findings and advances in treatments.
- Participate in on-call arrangements and “unsociable hours” requirements, relevant to the service provided by BCF and the variable workload.
- Demonstrate a high degree of motivation and assume responsibility for professional self development.
- Recognise the importance of and contribute to the development of good interpersonal relationships with patients and colleagues.
- Provide support to the Nurse Manager.
- Use the resources provided by BCF in an effective and economic manner.
- Effectively liaise with fellow colleagues – medical, embryology, quality staff to deliver patient care efficiently and at a high standard.
Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations and Risk Management Procedures.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- The successful candidate will be a Registered Nurse/Midwife or be eligible to register in the General Division of the Register of Nurses/Midwives maintained by An Bord Altranais
- Diploma or Degree relevant to the position,
- Experience of working in Midwifery / Gynaecology IVF / infertility.
- Must have full knowledge of all relevant national and European regulations, and their implications, both clinically and legally including SI 158 of 2006 and SI 598 of 2007,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills,
- Client centred care with Quality Focus,
- Management and Organisations skills,
- Interested in research and evidence based practice.
- The ability to work in a clinical assisted reproduction setting to deliver client centred care with a quality focus, to the highest standards as determined by evidence based best practice.
- The ability to plan, organise and implement care according to the variable workload.
- The ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication skills, but also to be able to work without direct supervision.
- An understanding of the need to be compassionate and sympathetic in providing care to all clients given the difficulties and stresses associated with fertility treatment for all couples
Ideally a broad base of clinical skills including procedure room, recovery, outpatient clinic and day ward. Venepuncture and patient training. An ability to perform ultrasound would be an advantage as would experience of embryo transfer and IUI
- Post Graduate qualifications in the fields of midwifery/fertility.
- Strong IT and administration skills
- Counselling skillset/experience
- Experience in Pelvic Ultrasound Scanning
The successful applicant will be required to be passed medically fit for work by our Occupational Health Department and a full background check will be completed by obtaining professional references and in liaison with the Garda Vetting Bureau.
All enquires should be directed to Brian McDonald via email@example.com
Purpose for the position
Beacon Care Fertility are seeking a full-time early pregnancy and genecology Sonographer.
The successful candidate will work in association with other medical, administrative and technical personnel to provide the best care and expertise to assist the patient in their journey with BCF
- Performing ultrasound scans in the areas of early pregnancy and genecology
- Performing the Basal Antral Follicle Count test and follicle tracking
- Delivering patient centred care
- Maintaining highest levels of clinical care and governance
- Contribute to the improvement and development of the clinic as practices and advancements within the field occur
- 2+ years Ultrasound experience
- Post-Graduate qualification in Ultrasound
- Must demonstrate empathy and care with each patient
Core Benefits for you:
- Calm, structured environment with a focus on the patient service, 15 – 30 minute slots assigned to give the best patient experience without the stress of pressurised timeframes.
- Similar environment and technical equipment to the hospital,
- A fully self-contained fertility clinic working with specialists in this fiend of all disciplines, Nursing, Laboratory Technicians, Embryologists and Consultants
- Generous compensation package
- On site parking
How to apply
Please send an updated CV and Cover letter to Brian our HR Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Any enquires about the role can be directed to the same address.