Pioneering embryo viability screening (CAREmaps)
We are entrusted with the most precious thing, your embryos.
CAREmaps is a whole embryo selection system which has been designed to maximise the chances of success in IVF.
CAREmaps uses time-lapse imaging together with special algorithms developed by CARE Scientists to help us to select the embryo with the best potential. It includes 3 important elements.
1. A special incubator, Embryoscope, which provides the best, uninterrupted conditions for developing embryos. When using standard incubators we have to remove the embryos from the incubator to observe them but with an embryoscope your embryos can remain within the optimum conditions of the incubator.
2. The Embryoscope contains a microscope, camera and highly sophisticated computer software system. It gives ‘continuous monitoring’ of embryo development. The difference between what we can observe with time lapse imaging and standard incubation is precise and significant.
3. CARE’s unique algorithms about what the embryo should be doing (and the milestones it should be achieving), at specific points in time.
Our Scientists examined over 500,000 time-lapse images of embryos (an unprecedented amount of data), to develop these special algorithms. CAREmaps is unique to CARE clinics.
What Are The Benefits Of The CAREmaps System?
1. Higher birth rates than standard methods.
CAREmaps gives better embryo selection. CAREmaps ranks embryos to show which has the best chance of resulting in a baby.
2. More detailed Information than standard methods of incubation.
Cell division timings and patterns of embryo development are recorded using time lapse images. These indicate embryo quality and potential, and we can discuss this with you.
3. Uninterrupted culture; embryos develop without disturbance for assessment.
CAREmaps is non-invasive allowing embryologists to view detailed photographs and movies of developing embryos without removing them from the incubator.
4. Video download of your transferred embryo(s)
We have a program which allows us to send you a PIN code to log onto a portal and download your video.
A fascinating video of an embryo’s development from Day 1 to a Day 5 blastocyst embryo, explained by our Laboratory Manager, Sharon Corcoran from Beacon CARE Fertility.
The embryo in this video resulted in the birth of a beautiful baby.