Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Aneuploidy (PGT-A)
Pre-implantation Genetic Testing for Aneuploidy (PGT-A) gives us the ability to test embryos for chromosomal abnormalities to identify the embryos with the best chance of developing into a healthy pregnancy.
PGT-A and IVF Success Rates
With PGT-A, we have the potential to improve IVF success rates by identifying embryos which have the correct number of chromosomes.
This is significant because most chromosomally abnormal embryos will fail to implant. If they do start to implant, they will most likely miscarry.
Between 40% and 75% of human embryos may contain an abnormal number of chromosomes, depending on the woman’s age.
Embryo Chromosome Screening
PGT-A makes it possible to screen embryos to select only the chromosomally normal embryos for transfer. This selection process results in a higher chance of successful implantation and a reduced risk of miscarriage.
Using the very latest PGT-A techniques, we can screen all chromosomes in each embryo and this can significantly increase IVF success.
PGT-A can be helpful for:
The most common factor for difficulties conceiving is female age. This is due to the increased rate of chromosomal abnormalities in eggs (and subsequently embryos) as a woman’s maternal age increases.
By using PGT-A to screen the embryos, we can select the ones without chromosomal abnormalities for transfer. This can significantly improve the chance of a successful pregnancy, especially for women over 35 years of age.
Women With A Medical History Of Repeated Miscarriages Or Failed IVF Treatments
One of the main reasons for miscarriage and IVF failure is chromosomal abnormality. PGT-A screens embryos to ensure they have the correct number of chromosomes. By identifying the embryos without chromosomal abnormalities for transfer, we can reduce the risk of miscarriage and increase IVF success.
Pre-implantation genetic testing for aneuploidy has the potential to:
1. Greatly improve IVF birth rate per embryo transferred
2. Minimize the incidence of miscarriages.
3. Minimise the incidence of congenital disorders caused by irregularity in the chromosome number of eggs.
4. Reduce the incidence of multiple pregnancies whilst maintaining a high live birth rate
World Leaders In PGT-A
- Beacon CARE Fertility is a World-Leading clinic for Chromosome and Reproductive Genetic Testing.
- Our vastly experienced team has performed thousands of tests since 2013 when we first offered the service.
- We also are incredibly proud to have had the first PGT-A baby born in Ireland in 2015.
- Our Successful Embryo Biopsy Rate is an outstanding *98.7%, positioning ourselves among the top percentile of clinics worldwide for successful biopsy rates.
(*Source: Cooper Surgical Genomics January 1, 2021-May 30, 2022)
What Sets Our Program Apart?
- Our PGT-A program pricing provides Genetic Analysis of up to eight embryos from one or more Egg Collections within a nine month period.
- Results from the Biopsies are provided after each egg collection.
- Our exceptional PGT-A Pregnancy Success Rates (Clinical Pregnancy) can be viewed HERE.
How is PGT-A Performed?
- PGT-A is a highly specialised procedure whereby a few cells are removed from each embryo and sent to a genetics laboratory for testing.
- The embryos are then frozen until the results are ready.
- Once the results are received, the viable embryos (i.e. those without any chromosomal abnormalities) will then be considered for an embryo transfer, one at a time.
Our Successful Embryo Biopsy Rate is an exceptional and World-Leading *98.7% (*Source: Cooper Surgical Genomics).